letter D H letter A N N Caslon metal type letter i

8.08.2010

Tool #9 Jing & Skype

I wasn't familiar with Jing but the more I read about it, the more I look forward to using it in the classroom. I do feel the need to learn and explore it more before I try it out in the classroom but I can already see using it as a math station/center students use. Being able to show students how to record the work or answers with out having to show the whole class is a benefit.

Skype is a great tool/resource to use to communicate with others easily and quickly via the computer. I like the fact that even with Skype you don't have to have a webcam in order to communicate. It has lots of uses for teachers and students in the classroom. I like the idea of inviting guest speakers/visitors to interact with students in the classroom without them being physically present. It would be great to use to interact with another classroom in another city, state or country.

No comments:

Post a Comment